Monday, March 29, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

Something happened today.

I saw the sunrise.

For those of you who know me, you know I'm NOT a morning person. I was scheduled for a shift at Caribou that started at 0730, which meant I needed to be conscious enough by 0615 to start getting ready. I never know what kind of shape my hair is going to be in the morning, so I must always prepare for the worst. (haha.... no, really, though.....)

I got my bowl of cereal, just like I always do. This morning it was Trix, which some people say are only for kids, but I'm not a rabbit and my heart is still young, so I eat them.
I proceeded to open the blinds to our deck and was greeted by one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. A sunrise that looked like paint cans of orange, pink, yellow, blue, purple, and the variations in between had been flung across the sky. Though I'd had a good weekend, the night before had left me tired and wondering what this full week would look like for me. As I stood eating my colorful Trix and watching the aurora borealis-like sunrise, I knew this week would be great.

I for the longest time I didn't believe people who said I was missing out by not ever seeing a sunrise. Last summer when work meant camping outdoors and getting sweaty and dirty every day, I was required as one of the leaders to rise from the beautiful slumber by 0630 every day. Usually, I barely made it out of my tent by 0645. Today, it made me want to get up early every day, just to see what surprise painting my Maker has for me..... but not QUITE enough to actually get to bed early ;) Early day again tomorrow.... We'll see what He's got for me then!

No comments: