Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Emotions

So......
It's been a while. Let's see if I can catch up a little. Since the last time I blogged, I have gotten a full-time job with about 40 hours a week in addition to the part time job I have at the coffee shop.....
I think I must be trying to set a new record for the fastest suicide-by-work ever.

I just started the new job on Monday (well, it's not even really that new, just a more intense version of what I've BEEN doing), but since Sunday I've worked 44.5 hours between the two jobs.... Yikes - that's actually the first time I've added it all up.... holy cannoli...

So I'm meaning this to be short - just a descriptor of what that much work can do to a human being in 4 and a half days. Last night I kind of had an emotional breakdown - not fun. I kind of exploded on my wonderful roommate who just got us wifi for the apartment - not cool. It has been reaffirmed (yet again) that I am a highly emotional person, especially in comparison to my roommates. Both are females, yet they don't seem to understand the typical connection between the female heart, mind, and emotions. I'm not sure how they do it, but they think logically... all the time! I can do it when I have to; I can also do it when I have adequate sleep, but one of my roommates works like crazy and she never seems to have an emotional breakdown, at least not one that I have ever seen.

So what do you think? I mean, I know only two of my friends actually follow my blog, but if there are any other females out there in cyberspace, what do you think? How is this possible? Am I just socially unprepared for the rigors of real life? Or have I been made so sensative for a different reason?

Who knows but God, I guess... Now I should really sleep.... the week isn't done yet...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, Christina, I think God made you "in touch" with your emotions for a particular reason and I am sure He will use you through them. He already has : )

I pray you can get some good sleep soon and can settle down to a more human pace. Some people are better suited to robotic lifestyles than others. Perhaps it is a blessing to you if you aren't!

Unknown said...

Wow! Is it pathetic if I was feeling bad for one of your little virtual fish because the others always beat him to the food? I kept feeding them until he got some!