Saturday, June 26, 2010

God's Ultimate Glory

So after I've just ranted and raved about dreams and God's plan and such, I found some interesting things in my Bible study:
I have been attempting to read through the Bible, beginning to end. I know some people say that it's a mistake to try it that way, but I'm feeling the need to get the whole picture, history of Israel through the end of the world.
Anyhow, last night I was reading in Exodus about Moses and the burning bush, a common enough story some may say, but I read something that I'd never realized was there before. I re-read it again tonight and it stands even truer:

10Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nore since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." (That parts fine, it's this next stuff that got me!) 11The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." (From Exodus 4).

Can you imagine how many times God got frustrated with Moses? And yet Moses still led the people out of slavery in Egypt and for many years after that. However, because of his disobedience on several occasions, he never was allowed to enter the Promised Land with his people. I don't know about you, but I want the Promised Land of today!

No comments: